Are you a healthcare professional, patient or innovator interested in how cardiovascular disease (CVD) is diagnosed, treated and monitored?
The MedTech Navigator programme delivered by Health Enterprise East supports knowledge exchange between the NHS, academia and industry to facilitate the development of novel solutions that will improve healthcare and the patient experience.
This workshop will explore opportunities for collaborative working in cardiovascular disease and showcase some of the latest technological developments from industry. Diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of cardiovascular disease is changing with innovative new approaches and technologies. How can new innovations improve patient safety, satisfaction and quality of life for patients with CVD.
Key themes to be explored include:
- Improving prevention, diagnosis, management and monitoring of heart failure
- Innovative approaches to cardiac surgery
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Opportunities in the digital health era – role of wearables, artificial intelligence, big data and electronic health records in empowering individuals with CVD to self-care
The event will feature presentations from clinicians who will share their major clinical challenges and unmet needs related to cardiovascular disease. Delegates will also hear from companies at the forefront of developing innovative CVD solutions.
Confirmed Clinical Speakers:
(session Chaired by Dr Richard Pile, GP Partner and GP with Special Interest in Cardiology)
- Mr George Krasopoulos, Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Oxford University Hospital NHS FT & Hon. Professor in Cardiac Surgery, Oxford Heart Centre & Nuffield Health
- Prof John Cleland, Director of the Robertson Centre for Biostatistics & Glasgow Clinical Trials Unit, University of Glasgow and Professor of Clinical Cardiology, Imperial College London
- Dr Pegah Salahshouri, Cardiology Consultant for West Suffolk Hospital and Royal Papworth Hospital
- Dr Rebecca Schofield, Consultant Cardiologist, North West Anglia Foundation Trust.
Confirmed Industry Session:
- Mr Nick Clarke, Principal Advisor, Eastern AHSN
- Tony Bowden, CEO, Helicon Health
- Graham Dempsey, Chief Commercial Officer, Anidium Limited.
Key objectives of the day:
- Knowledge exchange.
- Enable companies to identify potential market opportunities in CVD through the process of needs identification.
- Facilitating a demand led approach to engaging SMEs in new R&D projects that are both customer-focussed and collaborative in nature.
- Creation of partnerships between clinicians, academics and industry to develop the right products for the healthcare market of the future.
We will launch two white papers on the day covering the health economics landscape and the industry landscape for cardiovascular disease respectively. Join us for this stimulating and free discussion!
Contact Details: Any queries please email Dr Chris Warwick at Chris.Warwick@hee.co.uk or call on 01223 928044.
Please note that this is a free event and pre-registration is essential. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. If you are unable to attend, please make every effort to cancel your ticket.