The MedTech Navigator programme, delivered by Health Enterprise East, supports knowledge exchange between the NHS, academia and industry to facilitate the development of novel solutions that will improve healthcare and the patient experience.
This interactive workshop will provide opportunities for companies, innovators and clinicians to explore the main challenges in the screening, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
The event will facilitate opportunities for collaborative research & development projects and showcase some of the latest technological advances from industry. In addition, while health & care providers have been able to rapidly adapt care pathways to support safe delivery of care during the coronavirus pandemic, we will discuss whether these changes are desirable or sustainable long-term as waiting lists continue to build.
Key themes to be explored include:
- Empowering patients to attend screening and present symptoms in primary care
- Earlier and faster diagnosis in primary and secondary care
- Stratifying patients to optimise diagnosis and treatment
- Optimising patient flow in outpatients for both diagnostics and treatment during the COVID-19 epidemic
- Use of AI in radiology and pathology
The event will feature presentations from clinicians who will share their major clinical challenges and unmet needs related to the future of cancer care. Delegates will also hear from companies at the forefront of developing innovative solutions for the diagnosis, treatment and recovery of cancer patients.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Robert Rintoul, Reader in Thoracic Oncology, Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge and Lead Clinician for Cancer, Royal Papworth Hospital
- Professor Evis Sala, Professor of Oncological Imaging – University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine and Honorary Consultant Radiologist – Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge
- Liz O’Riordan – Consultant Breast Surgeon, Patient, Speaker, Broadcaster and Author of ‘The Complete Guide to Breast Cancer’ “It’s the little things that matter”
- Dr Bhavagaya Bakshi – GP & CEO of C the Signs Ltd.
- Dr Hugo Ford, Director of Cancer Services – Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, MA (Cambridge University) MB BChir (Cambridge University) MD (Cambridge University) FRCP (Royal College of Physicians of London)
There will also be an opportunity to participate in a group discussion during the morning on topics such as screening & diagnostics in healthcare; use of AI in radiology; NHS market access and health economics.
Key objectives of the day:
- Knowledge exchange.
- Enable companies to identify potential market opportunities in the digital. transformation of care through the process of needs identification.
- Facilitating a demand led approach to engaging SMEs in new R&D projects that are both customer-focussed and collaborative in nature.
- Creation of partnerships between clinicians, academics and industry to develop the right products for the healthcare market of the future.
This will be an online meeting from 09:00 to 12.30 on 19th November. Join us for this stimulating and free discussion!
Contact Details: Any queries please email Dr Chris Warwick at Chris.Warwick@hee.co.uk or call on 01223 928044.
Please note that this is a free event and pre-registration is essential. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. If you are unable to attend, please make every effort to cancel your ticket.