This MedTech NAVIGATOR Report provides a landscape assessment of the innovations under development in the area of respiratory disease.
The report will be relevant to SMEs based in the UK and to those based further afield.
- Respiratory disease affects approximately 20% of people and is the third biggest cause of death in England.
- Lung cancer, pneumonia and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are the biggest causes of death.
- Respiratory disease is identified as a clinical priority in the NHS Long Term Plan.
- It is estimated that 12.7 million people in the UK are living with respiratory disease and lung conditions are estimated to cost around £9.9 billion each year.
Key findings of the report:
- A new wave of digital ‘smart’ inhalers are coming onto the market. A major challenge will be integrating these into the current NHS pathway.
- We provide an up to date analysis of what respiratory disease innovation have been funded by Innovate UK, SBRI and NIHR i4i awards.
studies on four medtech companies to watch:
- Aseptika Limited (Activ8rlives)
- Cambridge Respiratory Innovations Limited (CRiL)
- My mHealth