The MedTech Navigator programme delivered by Health Tech Enterprise supports knowledge exchange between the NHS, academia and industry to facilitate the development of novel solutions that will improve healthcare and the patient experience.
This event, which will be held at the Moller Institute in Cambridge, will explore opportunities for collaborative working in Diabetes, highlight unmet needs in innovation and showcase some of the latest technological developments from industry.
The focus of the seminar is to highlight unmet needs in diabetes care pathways and explore how innovation in medtech solutions (including diagnosis, medical devices and digital health products) could help to mitigate these.
Potential areas to be covered include unmet needs in self-monitoring, prevention, patient education and treatment of some of the complications resulting from suboptimal management of diabetes (e.g. diabetic foot ulcer, diabetic retinopathy).
Current Speakers include:
- Gerry Rayman – Consultant Physician, The Diabetes Centre and Diabetes Research Unit, East Suffolk and North East NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Alistair Lumb – Consultant in Diabetes/Acute and General Medicine, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Julia Ware – Primary Investigator and Clinical Fellow, Wellcome-MRC Institute of Metabolic Science-Metabolic Research Laboratories and Medical Research Council Metabolic Diseases Unit, University of Cambridge
- Liz Perraudin – Senior Policy Officer, Diabetes UK
- Dr Tim Fishlock – Parent of a child with type 1 diabetes
- Richard Kirk – CEO, Polyphotonix
- Melissa Marshall – Product Manager, Quin Technology
- Dr Amrit Lamba – GP and Managing Partner at Colindale Medical Centre in Barnet. Lead clinician for the Barnet Federated GPs Diabetes Network and a board member for the Barnet Community Diabetes Service
Key objectives of the day:
- Knowledge exchange.
- Enable companies to identify potential market opportunities in diabetes care pathways through the process of needs identification.
- Facilitating a demand led approach to engaging SMEs in new R&D projects that are both customer-focussed and collaborative in nature.
- Creation of partnerships between clinicians, academics and industry to develop the right products for the healthcare market of the future.
Join us for this stimulating and free discussion!
There will also be opportunities to book one-to-one sessions with members of the Health Tech Enterprise team to discuss Commercialisation, IP, Health Economics, Clinical/User Insights and Funding.
Contact Details: Any queries please email Dr Chris Warwick (Chris@healthtechenterprise.co.uk), or call on 01223 422422.
Please note that this is a free event and pre-registration is essential. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. If you are unable to attend, please make every effort to cancel your ticket.